Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday all day

 and gray at that and not a drop of rain.  Hum.  I've started and returned six books in the last week.  Nothing is grabbing me.  One promising book I abandoned because it was just too heavy.  The weight, not the subject matter.  Oh, I am getting old.  I've started one, totally on the strength of its appealing cover: but I'm a bit aghast at what our online catalog purports it to be.A fifteenth-century Eat, Pray, Love, Revelations illuminates the intersecting lives of two female mystics who changed history--Margery Kempe and Julian of Norwich.  


Okay, I know it was wildly popular, but I wasn't a fan of Eat, Pray, Love.  There may be a direct correlation between what's popular and how much I'll like it.  (Oh no, she's being grumpy again.  Next thing you know there'll be a rant about cheese.)  On a happier note, I'll share some recent additions to the mural in the children's area by Barb Diaz.  She tends to work on this on sunday and monday when we are closed to the public and it's just a delight to come in to find what she has added! 








No comments:

Post a Comment