Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Sticking to one's knitting

On the theme of needing to stick to one's knitting, I finally decided to look into the basket of yarn and projects that has gone untouched for almost a year. And guess who wanted to help??
Truly I am thankful for this sweet beast, as annoying as she can be.  She's finally taken to sitting in my lap when I'm reading of a weekend morning.  Nothing quite better than that.  I'm also thankful for salad greens from the greenhouse, not to mention the last of the greens (chard and kale) that came from the cold outside that were delicious in a greens pie, a rather ugly thing, but so delicious.  

And I'm thankful for all of you in this singular thanksgiving season.  We will get through it if we're smart.  I wish you all the best.  "See" you in December.
Relax.  Eat good food.  Read as much as you can.  I'll finish up the new Sebastian Barry book "A Thousand Moons" and then dive into the new John Banville "Snow." 

 A Thousand Moons: From the two-time Booker Prize finalist Irish author, a dazzling new novel about memory and identity, set in Tennessee in the aftermath of the Civil War

In "Snow", Banville sets up and then deftly demolishes the Agatha Christie format...superbly rich and sophisticated."--New York Times Book Review


No comments:

Post a Comment