Friday, January 4, 2019

Isn't this where you wanted it?

How wonderful to see the skeleton of the new cupola in front of the library today.  Wiseguy workman said when I expressed my pleasure at the progress "this is where you wanted it, right?"  Hahahaha  It looks like a great spider on the lawn or an art installation.  Progress on a sunny blue day!

Also, it was my great pleasure on Wednesday to be visited by Christine Hamm from her new home in Oregon.  She was one of the major forces behind the building of our new library twenty years ago and was a longtime library trustee.  She is sorely missed, but I am happy to report that she is busy and happy with her west coast life. 

Meanwhile, my cold is still holding on, but I feel its grip loosening.  Louise Penny and I will be spending the weekend together.  I hope she brings tissues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment