Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Progress

I had my first meeting with folks from Bergeron Construction this morning.  It went very well, not just because the sun was shining.  Two guys went up in the cupola to take measurements.  The first line of attack will be to remove the damaged roof and replace it.  We also met with the people we are working with from Energy Efficiency Improvements so that they can coordinate some of the work with Bergeron on tightening up our building envelope.  EEI reports that they are so busy that they will not be able to be in the building for six weeks.

It feels like there's light at the end of the tunnel...Or is that a train coming at me???

Image result for light at the end of the tunnel gif
I also have an appointment next week with someone from National Library Relocation about the process of having our collection returned to the stacks, which, by the way, have been totally disassembled.  This is the first time in quite a while I've even let myself think about having books in the library again.  It's a bit delusional, but it must be a good sign...And some staff are going down to Tucker Library Interiors again tomorrow to talk about layout options and furnishings.  

Thanks to all of you out there for your support and encouraging words.  It means alot to me and to the staff, troopers all.  dvd

No comments:

Post a Comment