Friday, November 9, 2018

Dreaming

A patron came in today to report that she had dreamt that the library was going to open soon and was very distraught to find out, upon waking, that it was not true.  And I thought it was only me...I think, perhaps, that we should be flattered to find ourselves invading patron dreams!  I'll take it as a high compliment. 

Today I had an excellent meeting with Jason LaCombe with SMP Architects, formerly Sheer, McCrystal and Palson architects.  They were our original building architects and I wanted to go over some of our ideas with him.  Happily, he thought we were moving in a good direction with our planning.  It was delightful to talk about ideas, paint colors and floor coverings with him.

Happy long weekend to all.  Thank a veteran.  If you're looking for something to do, visit the Currier in Manchester.  The Ethan Murrow drawing installation celebrating Manchester is a singular and breath-taking exhibit.  Or wait until next week when you can actually borrow one of our passes.  The Renaissance sculpture show is also lovely.  dvd

Ethan Murrow: Hauling

1 comment:

  1. I so love my library and librarians... OUR library & librarians, that is.. altho I shall keep bugging them for a room for me to live in! We are a fortunate community! 😊❤

    ReplyDelete