Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Gloomy Tuesday

So gloomy that I had to go visit the books in the Servpro warehouse in Bow again.  They are being steadily cleaned.  I made the visit with a representative of National Library Relocations.  She was assessing the scope of the challenge to return the collection in proper order to our stacks when they are reinstalled.  We are giving her counts of how many titles we have in each collection (e.g. Fiction, Picture books, movies etc.).  "It's all a matter of mathematics" she reported.

Some work will begin in earnest this week.  Our HVAC team will be in to reinstall our temperature control systems tomorrow and I will hand a key to the building over to Bergeron on Thursday. 

Remember we are co-hosting a showing of the PBS film on Atul Gawande's "Being Mortal" tomorrow at 1pm at the Slusser Center.  Discussion will follow.

Meanwhile, my daughter sends greetings from Sweden, where she is doing some work.  It will be great to have her back for Thanksgiving, since she's missed it for the past couple of years.  Have I mentioned how thankful I am to be part of this community and for all of the support we have received?

No comments:

Post a Comment