Wednesday, June 2, 2021

just wednesday

 What an odd Memorial Day weekend.  I found myself wanting to bake just to keep the oven on, including blueberry scones (with frozen blueberries from last year, that I'm just about finished with, just in time), turkey potpie (the last of the turkey from our covid thanksgiving) and a nice rustic rhubarb tart. I had some leftover ricotta, which I spread on the bottom of the crust with a sprinkle of sugar.  Quite tasty!  Not the worst way to spend a weekend.  Eating, that is...


I'm almost done with "Red Island House" by Andrea Lee.  Definitely a good read--a mystery of sorts set in a vibrant steamy Madagascar.  Next up:  "Hot Stew" by Fiona Mozley called "one of the most anticipated books of 2021" (by whom? I'm not certain...her mother??--that's not fair, it says by "The Guardian" and Buzzfeed among others!!  )With masterful prose, through over a half-dozen point-of-view characters, [Mozley] tells a story about money and power, love and art, sex work and gentrification--and those are just some of the proteins in this complex stew (



No comments:

Post a Comment