Tuesday, November 10, 2020

What is so rare as a day in

 November???!!!  What a gift today was, weather wise at least.  Imagine that this less than wonderful photo actually showed what I wanted it to, i.e. a library patron basking in the sun waiting for us to open and tables of curbside pickup books out tanning.  They are there.  Really.  


When I opened up the blog just now, lo and behold, I found that I had not posted the blog that I wrote yesterday, so it is, in my father in law's words "a day late and a dollar short."  So today you get two, but there will be radio silence until Friday, so my two readers out there will have to be satisfied with two on 11/10.

Thanks to the good work of the library's Gallery Committee (Ruth Chevion, Ellen Davis, Inge Eddy and Peg Kimball) we finally have a new show up in the gallery.  It was difficult to part with Pam Tarbell's vibrant work, but it was time.  Before covid struck I had acquired a collection of posters, rich in information and visuals from the Smithsonian in recognition of WWI.  November and Veteran's Day seemed a good time to present this work.  Come spend some time with it.  

We are hoping to do some programming on this subject and also urge you to check out the Hopkinton Historical Society's upcoming program on pandemics this Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Only two readers ?
    Thanks for the recent obits, esp Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Photo for the flu pandemic @ historical Society

    ReplyDelete