Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday thoughts

It continues to feel so wonderful to be back in our own space, though I did go back to Slusser to see old friends and partake in Senior Lunch, senior that I am.  It is especially heartening to see how well-received the Slusser Study rooms are, for individual study, tutoring and meetings.
The cafe also is a hit, though it's also causing some frustration.  Money has been taken from our cash box and many seem to think our potables are free, though the poster says $1 for coffee, tea and hot chocolate.  Speaking to some other library directors has revealed that this challenge is universal and universally annoying.  Still I love seeing people as below reading and sipping away!  Would it be a good use of staff time to have them selling k-cups and tea, i.e. keeping it all behind the Welcome Desk?  Somehow that seems to defeat the purpose...
This weekend will find me wending my way to Buffalo to deliver my daughter to her new place.  We'll listen to Diane Setterfield's "Once Upon a River" an epic mystery/fantasy/thriller.  Not my usual  fare, but nicely written, long and engaging.  Good for a seven hour drive.  And I'm reading "Case Histories" by Kate Atkinson.  I've read much of her work, but none of her Jackson Brodie, Private Investigator series.  Since her fifth in that series "Big Sky" just came out, I thought I should get shaking.  Stay cool this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment