Monday, May 10, 2021

garden bounty

 Well, I suppose that there are some compensations for this long, cool, gray Spring we've been having.  The daffodils have stuck around for longer than usual and it's tough to complain about that.

and the greenhouse has been yielding amazing greens.  First there was this:



then, this, cooked down, the innards of a green slab pie:
and then this partially consumed bit of deliciousness.  Really good!!

Meanwhile, I just finished the new Russell Banks "Foregone" a novel about a narcissistic, seriously flawed, but always interesting documentary film maker.  A friend complained that she didn't like the main character, so wasn't pleased with the book.  I think if I gave up on books whose main characters were less than likable, that might leave few books to read.  I actually think that he would have been great as a companion over a beer.  Though surely not as a spouse, but I've got that one covered.  Also listening to Dickens' "Martin Chuzzlewitt" and am thoroughly enjoying it.  Interesting finding that Hoopla has a pretty decent collection of Dickens, while Overdrive has fairly few...Part of Overdrive's mission is to collect what is current and popular, thus I am finding myself turning increasingly to Hoopla.  Karen thinks I should be signing these, so here goes:  Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment