Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Summer fun

Note to self:  It's not a good idea to put phone in pocket while riding one's bicycle (even if it's ONLY from work to home...)  Thanks to Karen, my crushed phone was found in front of HR Clough, so I didn't make it very far without losing it.  I have a new cellphone as of last night and I don't know whether I feel amazed or terrified that I was able to transfer everything from the destroyed phone to the new phone in a matter of minutes. 

AND more fun and games in the garden...the woodchuck is gone but...wait for it...it's time for tomato horn worms!!  They are having at tomatoes and peppers, though my valiant farmer of a husband has been hunting them daily.
The good news is that we let milkweed run rampant this year and we have had multitudes of monarch butterflies and now monarch caterpillars munching away and many a cocoon!  Very gratifying.  They particularly like eating their fill of milkweed and migrating over to the still abundant rhubarb and cocooning themselves on the underside of leaves!  Ah nature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment